Onions-2 big size
Curd-1/2 cup whisked
Coriander leaves-1 bunch finely chopped
- Cut the Liver into cubes wash with onion and salt thoroughly.Set aside.
- Blanch the tomatoes and peel the skin off and set aside.
- Chop the onions into very thin slices.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker add cumin seeds,black cardamom,cloves saute for minute.
- Add sliced onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add Ginger-Garlic paste saute for another minute.
- Add blanched tomatoes,green chillies cook till the tomatoes get blended with onions.
- Add turmeric,red-chilli powder,coriander powder,cumin powder fry till the oil separates.Here we do not add any salt.Adding salt makes the liver very hard.
- Now add washed liver cut in to cubes,saute well.
- Add whisked curd,mix well and add water as per your consistency.
- Close the lid and cook up to 3 whistles.
- Open the lid after the cooker pressure comes down on its own.
- Add garam masala and lemon juice cook for a minute and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Goes well with layered paratha.
- Before washing the liver apply 1 tsp garlic paste and lemon juice and let it sit for 10 minutes,then wash thoroughly with running water.By this you can get rid of the smell.
- Never store/freeze Goat liver.It is always cooked fresh.