Chicken Korma is a dish originating in the Indian subcontinent, consisting of Chicken or vegetables braised with yogurt or cream, water or stock, and spices to produce a thick sauce or glaze.
Chicken with bone-1/2 kg
Onion-One big thinly sliced
Red-chilli powder -1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder-1 tsp
Garam Masala-1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder-1 tsp
Cardamom powder-1 tsp
Salt-a/c to taste
Tomato-1 medium size
Green chillies – 4-5 depending on the spicyness of chillies
Coriander leaves-1 medium bunch
Curry leaves-2 strands
Ginger-Garlic Paste-1 Tbsp
- Wash Chicken and strain the water completely. Set aside.
- Grind all the ingredients listed in gravy part. Set aside.
- Heat oil in pan add chicken on top of that add sliced onions.Do not stir. Cover and cook until the chicken 80% done let the chicken cook within its own juices.Add extra water if you notice the chicken getting burnt. Finally evaporate all the extra water.
- Add the grounded pasted and mix well. Cover and cook for more 5 minutes,till the oil oozes.
- Now add red-chilli powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,pepper powder,garam masala and salt.Mix well again cook for a minute or so.
- Finally add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves ..Enjoy!!!!!
- Serves 3-4
- Goes well butter naan,roti.
- Adding Cardamom will give you an excellent taste to this gravy.