Easy Chinese Style Honey chicken Recipe is a Chinese starter recipe loved by many around the world.Cooked with simple ingredients like garlic and ginger etc and cooked in no time.The outcome is so mouthwatering chicken is glazed with honey and the sauce.
Chicken Boneless- 500 grams (cut in to thin stripes)
Soy Sauce-2 tsp
Black Pepper powder-2 tsp
Ginger Juice or Ginger Garlic Paste-1 Tbsp
Oil- for Deep frying
Tomato Ketchup-4 Tbsp
Ginger-1 inch piece thinly sliced
Garlic-5 cloves finely chopped
Sesame seeds-1 tsp
Green onions-few for garnishing
- Wash chicken stripes thoroughly,drain the water completely and pat dry them.
- In a bowl add chicken,soy sauce,ginger juice or ginger garlic paste,black pepper powder,cornflour,salt and mix well, marinate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Take the marinated chicken and again coat them with extra cornflour all over and set aside for another 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok for deep frying, fry the chicken in batch wise.Double each batch for extra crispiness.
- Take a wide pan or wok heat 2 Tbsp Oil add thinly sliced ginger and garlic saute them well until you smell nice aroma.
- Add 1/3 cup water and tomato ketchup and honey mix well until it sticks to the back of the spatula.
- Now, add fried chicken mix well and adjust the salt.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds simmer for 1 minute and garnish with green onions.Enjoy!!
- No need any chutney or dip it is enjoyed to feel the feel tangyness of ketchup and sweetness of honey at the same time.
- Always broil the chicken for extra juiciness.