Kolhapuri Mutton is a traditional recipe is one of the famous non-veg dishes and is known for its delicious and unique taste with an appealing look wanting to have more.
Onions-2 medium finely sliced
Tomatoes-1 medium chopped finely
Ginger Garlic Paste-2 Tbsp
Red Chilli powder-2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Garam Masala-1 tsp
Desiccated Coconut-2 Tbsp
Dry fenugreek leaves(Kasuri Methi)-2 tsp
Fresh cream-1 Tbsp
Green chillies-2 slit
Sugar-1 tsp (optional)
Coriander leaves-few for garnishing
- Wash mutton drain water and boil till 80% with pinch of turmeric powder.Set aside.
- Fry one onion and desiccated coconut with 1tbsp oil till golden brown,cool it completely and make it into fine paste. Set aside.
- Whisk curd and cream together into smooth paste and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a pan ,add sliced onions fry till brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste fry for a minute, add tomato.Cover and cook till tomato get soft.
- Add onion-coconut grounded paste cook for 5 minute stirring in between.
- Now, add red chilli powder,coriander powder, fenugreek leaves and salt fry for minute.
- Add curd and cream mixture,cover and cook till the oil separates.
- Its time to add cooked mutton and mix well add water as per your consistency,cover and cook till mutton is done.
- Finally add garam masala and slit green chillies simmer for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves..serve hot and Enjoy!!!
- Serves 3-4.
- Goes well malabar paratha,Roti or Butter Naan.