MalaiMutton is a famous curry in North India cooked with cream,curd,milk altogether. Marinating mutton with these ingredients give you an excellent outcome. I definitely recommend to cook this recipe when you want variety non-veg to eat. So, let’s start
Ginger-Garlic Paste-1 Tbsp
Oil or Butter-1 Tbsp
Black Pepper corns-1 tsp
Onions-2 medium finely chopped
Green Chillies-2 finely chopped
Red chilli powder-1 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Garam Masala-1 tsp
Coriander leaves- few for garnishing
- Wash mutton thoroughly and drain water completely and set aside.
- Take a bowl add all the ingredients mentioned in marination section mix well and you can smoke this with charcoal and marinate for at least half an hour.
- Take a pan or wok add marinated mutton and bring it a boil.Cover and cook till mutton is 80% done.
- Take another pan add heat oil/butter add green cardamom,cinnamon,black pepper corns fry for a 30 seconds.
- Add chopped green chillies fry for 30 seconds, then add chopped onions fry till translucent.
- Add red chilli powder,coriander powder,garam masala fry for 1 minute and then add cooked mutton stir well and then add milk and stir continously on a low flame to avoid curdling the milk.
- Cover and cook till mutton is done. Finally add red chillies flakes simmer for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves serve hot and Enjoy!!!
- Serves 4-5.
- Goes well with laccha paratha or Butter Naan or plain Roti or Tandoori Roti.
- Giving charcoal smoke before marination gives extra flavour to this dish.