Mutton Roasted Masala
Mutton Roasted Masala is a wonderful meat curry, yummy, possessing exceptional tastes of their own, not very spicy. This curry has a superb blend of whole spices included into the curry infusing the gravy with its quality in to the mutton in addition to few others spices included into.
Mutton-with bone 1/2kg
Onion-2 medium size
Ginger Garlic paste-2 Tbsp
Red-chilli powder-1 tsp
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves-few for garnishing
Ingredients for Dry roasted powder:
Dry Red chillies-5 No.s
Pepper Corns-2 tsp
Coriander Seeds-2 tsp
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Fennel Seeds-1 tsp
Fenugreek leaves(Kasuri Methi)-1stp
- Wash mutton pieces thoroughly and strain the water completely.
- Dry roast all the inegredients listed above for powderexcept fenugreek leaves.Grind into fine powder,then crush the fenugreek leaves in your palms and then add to this grinded powder mix well and set aside.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes into very thin slices and set aside.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker and add washed mutton pieces.
- Roast well till mutton colour changes to pinkish.
- Add sliced onions and tomatoes and cook for 3 whistles.Or till the mutton is 80% done.
- Open the lid and add ginger-garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes,add whisked curd and again close lid and cook for 1 whistle.
- Open the lid add turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,pepper powder,salt mix well and cook till the oil oozes.
- Now add the grinded powder and cook for 2 more minutes.You are done now…..Garnish with coriander leaves and slit green chillies…Enjoy!!!!
- Serves 3-4
- Goes well with paratha or butter naan.
- You can make the dry roasted powder in bulk quantity and can store in a air tight container, can be used in any gravy dishes.