Paneer Butter Masala also known as Paneer Makhni is a popular North Indian Dish cooked in butter with spices on a slow process.The end result is lip smacking…Do try this recipe in an authentic way with me….Let’s Start….
Paneer/Cottage Cheese-200 grams cut into small cubes
Butter-Melted 5 Tbsp
Oil- 1 Tbsp
Cinnamon -1/2 inch
Dry Red chillies-2
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste-1 Tbsp
Red chilli powder-2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Garam Masala-1 tsp
Dry fenugreek leaves-1 tsp
Milk or Cream-3 Tbsp
Preparations & METHOD:
- Take a wok heat one tbsp oil add cinnamon,dry red chillies,bay leaf,cumin seeds,cardamom saute for a while and add roughly chopped onions fry till onions turns translucent.
- Add roughly chopped tomatoes,cashew nuts and ginger garlic paste fry till tomatoes become soft. Cool it completely and make it into fine paste with half cup water.
- Strain the grounded paste and discard the waste.
- Take another pan add butter and 1 tbsp oil,add red chilli powder,coriander powder and stir immediately and fry without burning.
- Now add strained paste mix well and cook and cover till the oil oozes,add dry fenugreek leaves and milk/cream cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add paneer cubes and simmer for 4 minutes,add garam masala and simmer for a minute.
- Paneer butter masala is ready.Serve hot and Enjoy!!!!
- Serves 3-4.
- Always serve hot,because this is cooked with butter and it form the layer on top which doesn’t taste better.