Pepper Chicken is an excellent dish with less fat and a spicy concoction with black pepper, soy sauce and other spices. The fresh black pepper adds a depth and pure heat to the chicken giving it an excellent peppery flavor. The pepper chicken is more like an Indian style Chinese pepper chicken with some ginger, garlic, onions and black pepper. It’s an easy and effortless recipe for all those black pepper lovers. Peppers are an interesting ingredient in many dishes. It’s an amazing spice that can be used for preparing meat dishes, omelette’s, soups etc.
Green Chillies-4 Slit
Ginger-Garlic Paste-2 Tbsp
Curry Leaves-2-3 strands
Coriander Leaves-1 small bunch
Cumin Powder-1 tsp
Garam Masala-1 tsp
Pepper powder-should be in coarse not fine 2tsp
- Cut Chicken into medium cube size.Wash thoroughly and strain water completely and set aside.
- Chop the onions into slices.
- Crush the 1 Tbsp pepper corns coarsely in a pestle or grinder.Grinding fresh coarse powder and adding to the curry gives very good taste and nice aroma.
- Heat oil in wide pan add sliced onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste fry for 1 minute.
- Add washed chicken cubes,salt.Cover and let cook the chicken till 90% adding water if necessary.
- Open the lid add green chillies,coriander powder,cumin powder and adjust the salt.Cook till chicken is completely done.
- Now add curry leaves,coriander leaves,coconut powder and garam masala.Fry for another 2 minutes.
- Pepper Chicken is ready…Enjoy!!!!
- Goes well with roti or daal,rice and lemon pickle.
- Serves 4.
- Don’t add too much water let the chicken cook in its own water.Tastes awesome when made semi dry.