Stuffed Brinjal Curry usually known as Guttivankaya in Andhra and is very famous in Andhra. Cooked with simple spices in onion-tomato paste with tamarind juice..Let’s start cooking with me..
Curry leafs-3 strands
Cumin Seeds-2 tsp
Sesame Seeds-1 tsp
Peas nuts-1 Tbsp
Desiccated coconut-1 Tbsp
Tamarind- small lemon size
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Red chilli powder-2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Cumin powder-1 tsp
Salt-a/c to taste
- Slice the onions and tomatoes set aside.
- Soak the tamarind in half cup of water and extract the juice,set aside.
- Dry roast cumin seeds,curry leaves,sesame seeds,peanuts,desiccated coconut.Set aside.(1)
- In the same pan add 1 tsp oil roast onions and tomatoes till soft.Cool completely.(2)
- Combine (1) & (2) grind into a fine paste with little water.Set aside.
- Wash brinjals properly and slit them in the picture shown below and set them in salt water.
- Drain the water from brinjals completely and fill the above grounded paste as shown in the picture below.
- Take a wide pan add oil and fry the stuffed brinjals on medium flame for 3 minutes flipping occasionally.
- When the brinjal changes its colour add the remaining grounded paste and tamarind juice add half cup water or as per your consistency stir carefully. Cover the lid and cook till the oil oozes out.
- Stuffed Brinjal curry is ready.Garnish with coriander leaves and Enjoy!!
- Serves 4-5.
- Goes well with roti,plain rice with ghee or Bagar khana/Pulao.