Pepper Mutton Curry
Pepper Mutton Curry is a tasty recipe in my mom’s kitchen. I literally lick my fingers when my mom makes this curry. I learned this from my mom with many trial and errors. At last, I’m successful in getting the exact taste like my mom’s, now my kids also lick their fingers whenever I make this. So, let’s start making Pepper Mutton Curry from my mom’s kitchen.
Mutton/Lamb-1/2 kg with bone
Ginger Garlic Paste-2 Tbsp
Freshly ground Pepper Powder-1 Tbsp or as per your level of spiciness
Garam Masala-1 Tsp
Desiccated coconut powder-1 Tbsp
Coriander leaves-few for garnishing
- Wash mutton pieces and drain the water completely and set aside.
- Thinly slice onions and tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add sliced onions fry till golden brown and add ginger garlic paste and fry for one minute.
- Add washed mutton pieces, salt, turmeric and fry for 2 minutes add 1/2 cup water and close the lid, cook up to 3 whistles or until the mutton is 80% done.
- Open the lid and add green chilies, chopped tomatoes, pepper powder, coconut powder mix well. Add water as per your consistency and cook another 20% or till the mutton is done.
- Finally, add garam masala and adjust the salt and spiciness.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy!!
- Serves 3-4
- Goes well with Roti, or plain rice and daal.