Achari Bhendi is cooked with the spices of a pickle. The tangy flavor of pickle is liked by everyone irrespective of age. This recipe is cooked in no time. So let’s start making Achari Bhendi.
Bhendi/Okra- 250 grams
Oil- 1/2 cup
Lemon juice- 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Coriander Seeds- 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds- 1 tsp
Dry Red Chilies – 4 -5
Fresh Ginger and Garlic-1/2″ Ginger 1 Tbsp Garlic finely chopped
Onions- 2 medium thinly sliced
Salt- 1 tsp
Chat Masala-1 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Mango powder (Amchur powder)- 1 tsp
Cumin powder -1 tsp
Red Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
Garam Masala -1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Curd- 2 Tbsp
Tomatoes – 2 small
- Wash Bhendi/Okra and wipe them with a clean kitchen towel. Cut into three pieces in each bhendi. Set aside.
- Take a pan heat oil and fry the chopped bhendi on a medium flame. Add lemon juice to avoid stickiness. Take it out and set aside.
- In the same oil add cumin, coriander, fennel seeds, dry red chilies fry for a minute.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic fry for 30 seconds and add sliced onions.
- Add all dry spices(salt, chat masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, red chilli powder,garam masala, and turmeric).
- Fry for 2 minutes add whisked curd mix well and add finely chopped tomatoes(or you can puree tomatoes) fry till the oil separates.
- Now finally add fried Bhendi/ Okra mix well and simmer for 5 minutes with closed lid. Achari Bhendi is ready.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and Enjoy!!!
- Serves 3-4.
- Goes well Roti or with White Rice.
- You can use vinegar instead of lemon juice while frying Bhendi/Okra.