Gongura Mutton is a famous Andhra dish. Gongura generally referred as Sorell leaves in English. It has many vitamins and minerals. Gongura is generally cooked with lentils which is high in vitamin A. Gongura Mutton is cooked with less spices and in less time. If you find Sorell leaves do try this recipe rather cooking regular Daal… Let’s start making Gongura Mutton. .
Mutton with bone-1/2 kg
Sorell Leaves or Gongura- 3 bunches medium
Ginger garlic paste-2 Tbsp
Green chillies -3
Turmeric powder -1 tsp
Red chilli powder -2 tsp
Coriander powder -1 tsp
Cumin powder -1 tsp
Garland Masala -1tsp
Salt -a/c taste
- Wash mutton pieces thoroughly and drain the water completely and set aside.
- Clean the Sorell leaves and separate the leaves wash,drain water and boil with 1/2cup water and 1tsp oil and turmeric. Set aside.
- Chop onions and green chillies into fine cubes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add onions fry till translucent,add Ginger garlic paste fry for a minute.
- Add green chillies, mutton pieces, salt, turmeric, red chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder mix well,add 2 cups of water close the lid and cook till mutton is tender.
- Open the lid and now add boiled sorell leaves mixture and mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes on open lid.
- Now, add Haram masala and check the salt.Add water as per your consistency. Simmer for 2 minutes .You are done now… Enjoy ! !!
- Serves 3-4.
- Goes well with paratha, Roti,or with plain rice and ghee.