Potato Amaranthus Curry
Potato Amaranthus Curry is a simple and tasty curry cooked with less ingredients. Amaranthus in Telugu known as Thotakura which is high in vitamins and dietary fibers. I’ll make this curry very simple with less ingredients and the taste is awesome. So, let’s start cooking Potato Amaranthus Curry..
Potatoes-2 medium size
Amaranthus leaves-5 bunches
Dry Red chilly-1
Red chilly powder-2 tsp
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Desiccated coconut powder-2 tsp
Salt – a/c taste
- Wash and chop finely amaranthus leaves thoroughly and remove hard stems if any.Set aside.
- Chop Onions and potatoes into small cubes,chop tomatoes roughly and set aside.
- Take a wide pan heat oil and add mustard,cumin seeds splutter them.Add curry leaves chopped green chillies fry for a minute and then add chopped onions.
- Add chopped potatoes, close the lid and cook till potatoes are soft.
- Now, add chopped amaranthus leaves,salt and turmeric powder mix well and cook till leaves become tender.
- Finally add red chilly powder,tomatoes mix and then add coconut powder mix well simmer for 3 minutes.
- The Curry is ready Enjoy!!!
- Serves 3-4.
- Goes well with plain roti or Rice and Daal.
- You can make same recipe with Spinach instead of amaranthus.