Instant Uttapam .. Uttapam is famous south Indian breakfast recipe with loads of onions. Making authentic uttapam will take much time and you have to do prior preparations for that. Today I thought of making Uttapam with left over rice and soji(Rava). It is the best Sunday breakfast for me whenever I wake up late and feel lazy. Here you can use veggies of your choice to make it even tastier. So let’s begin making Instant Uttapam.
Leftover Rice- 2cups
Curd- 1/2 cup
Soji – 1 cup
Baking soda -1/2 tsp
Salt – a/c taste
Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
Green chillies– 2
Onions- 2 medium
Tomatoes- 2 medium
Capsicum – 1
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Preparations & METHOD:
- Grind leftover rice and curd into a fine paste without adding any water.
- Take out the grounded rice mixture add soji and mix well into a thick batter adding little water. Rest it for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile finely chop onions, tomatoes, capsicum, green chillies, and ginger.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Now, add baking soda to the resting batter and mix well.
- Heat a pan take a big ladle of batter and place on the heated pan.
- Add vegetable mix and spread gently with your hands.
- Drizzle oil on the sides and close it and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Open the lid and gently release from sides and flip over and cook on other side for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!!!
- Makes 6-7 uttapams.
- Serve with coconut chutney.
- You must be patient while flipping over, make sure it is completely cooked on one side.