Lahori Fish Fry
Lahori Fish Fry is a delicious cuisine from Pakistan. It is cooked in a very different way, unlike any other fish fries. Adding more spices will enhance the taste of the fish. I personally don’t like fish, but whenever I cook fish I’ll make sure that it should be tasty…so, let’s start making Lahori Fish Fry
Fish fillets – 750 grams washed and salted
All Purpose flour(Maida)- 1 cup
Garlic – 5 cloves
Lemon juice- 1/4 cup
Cumin Seeds- 1 Tbsp crushed
Ajwain(Carom Seeds)- 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli flakes – 1 Tbsp
Coriander Seeds – 11/2 Tbsp crushed
Salt -1 Tbsp or a/c taste
Red chilli powder – 11/2 Tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Gram flour (Besan)- 1 cup
Oil- for deep frying
- Wash the fish fillets and strain the completely and pat dry with neat kitchen towel.
- Place all the fish pieces in a wide plate and dust with all-purpose flour on both sides, as shown below. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Grind the garlic cloves with 1/2 cup water. Add lime Juice.
- Take in bowl garlic and lime water which we added above.
- To this, add Cumin Seeds, Ajwain(Carom Seeds), Garam Masala, Red chili flakes, Coriander Seeds, Salt, Red chilli powder, Turmeric powder, Gram flour mix well and make a thick batter adding water as required.
- Coat the fish fillets with the above masala and marinate for at least 2 hours. The more you marinate the tastier the fish will be.
- Heat oil in a wok and add slowly the coated fish fillets and fry on medium high flame till golden brown. Garnish with onions and coriander leaves. Enjoy!!!
- Serves 4-5.
- Goes well as a starter or as a side dish with plain rice and daal.