Mutton Kofta Fry
Mutton Kofta Fry which is generally cooked with minced mutton. But, today I am making this with boneless mutton. It is a simple recipe with few ingredients yet tasty. Koftas can be prepared in many ways you can deep fry or shallow fry or else you can steam them too. This is my favorite recipe which I prefer to make whenever I want some nonveg side dish with plain rice and daal. So, let’s start making Mutton Kofta Fry
Mutton boneless- 1/2 kg or Minced mutton
Cashew nuts- 20 grams(10-15 approx)
Dry Desiccated Coconut powder – 2 Tbsp
Roasted Bengal gram – 4 Tbsp
Onion – 1 medium chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 Tbsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves- 3 strands
Mint leaves- 2 strands
Green chillies- 3 finely chopped
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Oil- for deep frying koftas
Onion- 1 medium chopped
Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tsp
Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala -1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander/Mint/Green chillies- few
Preparations & METHOD:
- Make small cubes of mutton pieces, wash thoroughly and drain the water completely and set aside.
- Grind cashew nuts/coconut powder/roasted Bengal gram into a fine powder and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add washed mutton pieces, Onion, Ginger Garlic Paste, Garam masala, Coriander Leaves, Mint leaves, Green chillies, Coriander powder, Cumin Powder, Red chilli powder, Turmeric, Salt mix well and grind into fine dough.
- To this dough add the above-grinded cashew nuts/coconut powder/roasted Bengal gram powder mix and add 1 tsp oil and again mix set aside for 10 minutes.
- Make small dumplings with dough and fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Take another pan add the ingredients mentioned in tempering part fry for 2 minutes and add fried koftas mix well and simmer for another 2 minutes. Serve hot and Enjoy!!!
- Makes around 25 koftas.
- Goes well as a side dish or as a starter.
- If you didn’t find roasted Bengal gram you can add roasted gram flour(4 Tbsp).
- You can make kofta curry with these fried dumplings which I will share soon.