Simple Vegetable Pulao
Simple Vegetable Pulao is one pot Indian rice pilaf cooked mild with spices and vegetables. It most common rice dish that is often made in many Indian homes. It is also a common menu at every party or celebrations. You can add veggies of your choice. So, let’s start making Simple Vegetable Pulao.
Rice(Basmati) – 3 cups
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Onions -2 medium
Carrots – 2 medium
Green peas – 1/4 cup
Green Chilies – 4
Curd – 2 Tbsp
Tomatoes – 1 big
Bay leaf- 2
Cinnamon – 1′ piece
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 Tbsp
Mint Leaves – small bunch
Coriander leaves- 1 bunch
METHOD & PREPARATIONS:
- Wash Rice thoroughly and soak it or half an hour.
- Cut all veggies except tomatoes in big cubes and soak them in salt water.
- Take a big cooking pot heat oil, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf saute a minute.
- Add onions fry till translucent, add ginger garlic paste fry for a minute.
- Add all veggies except tomatoes fry for a minute close the lid and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Open the lid add tomatoes, whisked curd, Mint leaves, and coriander leaves mix well close lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add 5 cups water, bring a boil , add soaked rice and mix well . Cook till the rice is done. Serve Hot and enjoy!!
- Serves 4-5
- Goes well Bagara baingan, Stuffed Baingan, Khatte Baingan or simple raita.
- Make sure you know the exact amount of water to be added to the rice you are using. Generally, some variety of rice takes double water to cook.