Chilli Chicken is a dish made of chunks of boneless chicken mixed with dry red chillies, finely chopped ginger and garlic, onions and other Indo Chinese spices to make a spicy Indian flare dish along with the distinct traditional Chinese flavors. Nowadays, Chinese meal is an essential part of Indian cooking. It is also loved by Indian and Chinese communities in Singapore, Malaysia, and North America. Let’s start making Chilli Chicken.
Boneless Chicken-1/2 kg
Oil for Deep Frying
Egg – one
Cornflour – 2Tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Red Chilli Powder- 1 Tbsp
Salt – 1tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Ginger -1/2′ piece finely chopped
Garlic finely chopped -3 tsp
Onions- 2 roughly chopped
Green chillies-5 roughly chopped
Dry Red Chillies -2
Soy Sauce – 2 Tsp
Tomato Ketchup -3 Tbsp
Water -1/2 cup
Green onions- finely chopped 2 tsp
Coriander leaves- few for garnishing
- Wash chicken pieces and strain the water completely and pat dry the pieces with a clean kitchen towel.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned in “Marination” with chicken and marinate it for about 15 minutes.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces and set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp Oil in a pan add onions fry till translucent. Add green chillies, dry red chillies for 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce and tomato ketchup fry it for 30 seconds then add half cup water bring it to boil.
- Finally, add fried chicken pieces and fry them on high flame for about 2 minutes. Adjust the salt and simmer for a minute.
- Garnish with green onions and coriander leaves. Serve hot and ENJOY!!!
- Serves 4-5.
- Served as a starter or goes well as a side dish.