Tomato Chutney is a recipe which is made in no time and tastes awesome. Here I am sharing authentic Hyderabadi Tomato Chutney cooked in every kitchen in Hyderabad. It is a simple recipe cooked with few ingredients which are easily available. I generally make a stock of two or three days when tomatoes become cheap or seasonal. So, let’s start making Tomato Chutney
Tomatoes – 1/2 kg
Red chilli powder – 1 Tbsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tsp (Optional)
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Coriander powder – 1 Tbsp
Mustard Powder – 1/2 Tbsp
Cumin powder – 1 Tbsp
Turmeric -1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 Tbsp or a/c taste
Cumin Seeds – 1 Tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tbsp
Garlic cloves – 12
Dried Red chillies – 8
Curry leaves – 1strand
Fenugreek seed powder – 1/4 tsp (Optional) or you use fenugreek seeds
Oil – 1/2 cup
Preparations & METHOD:
- Take a pressure cooker add diced tomatoes, red chilli powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, Mustard seed powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Ginger garlic paste, Turmeric, Salt mix well and add 1/4 cup water and cook till 3 whistles.
- After the pressure comes down open the lid and cook till the tomatoes get mushy and evaporate the leftover water if any.
- Take a pan heat oil and add mustard seeds fry till mustard seeds crackle, add fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, Garlic clove fry till golden brown, add dried red chillies, one strand curry leaves fry for a minute and take out half of this tempering and set aside.
- In the remaining tempering add cooked tomatoes and mix well and adjust the salt. Cook for another 3 minutes and garnish with remaining tempering. Serve hot. Enjoy!!!
- Make and store in a jar. Stay up to 2 -3 days.
- Goes well with Rice, Kichdi, Roti, Poori.