Cluster Beans Masala
Cluster Beans are known as Guar ki phalli in Hindi. It is a legume crop primarily found in Indi and Pakistan.It is abundant in proteins, minerals, and vitamins along with dietary fibers. Most of the people don’t like to consume them because of its mildly bitter taste. But, there are many ways to cook them to make tastier. You can make it with potato, tomatoes, fenugreek leaves. Today I am sharing with you one of its variety that usually I cook when I need a side dish in dal and rice. So, let’s start making cluster Beans Masala.
Cluster Beans: 11/2 cup
Onion: 1 big
Oil: 2 Tbsp
Turmeric: 1/4th tsp
Red chilli Powder: 2tsp
Coriander powder: 1tsp
Salt: a/c taste
Desiccated coconut: 2 Tbsp
Peanuts: 1/2 cup roasted and deskinned
Coriander leaves: few for garnishing
- Wash cluster beans thoroughly and cut into 1/2′ inch each.
- Chop the onions and grind the peanuts into powder.
- Heat oil in a wok add chopped onions and fry for 1 minute.
- Add all dry spices(turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder).
- Add chopped cluster beans and fry them for 2 minutes and add 2 cups of water.
- Close the lid and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the beans get 90% cooked. Evaporate all the water if left any.
- Open the lid, add desiccated coconut and ground peanut powder.
- Mix well and simmer it for another 2minutes or till the beans cooked completely.
- Garnish with coriander leaves serve hot and Enjoy!!!
- Serves 2-3.
- Goes well as a side dish with rice and daal or Roti.
- You can use freshly grated coconut instead of dry desiccated coconut. If you use fresh coconut the curry will only last for 5-4 hours max.