Delicious Lauki ki Daal Recipe: A Perfect Blend of Flavor and Nutrition.
Discover the ultimate Lauki ki Daal(Bottle Guard) recipe that combines the goodness of lentils and the subtle sweetness of bottle gourd. This delightful dish is not only rich in nutrients but also bursts with flavors, making it a must-try for anyone looking to savor a wholesome and satisfying Indian delicacy.
Tuvar Daal(Pigeon peas)-1.5 cups(Standard 250l cup)
Lauki(Bottle guard) -1 small or 125grams
Tomatoes-3 medium size chopped
Onion-1 medium size sliced
Green chillies-8 (less spicy)
Tamarind-1 goose berry size
Coriander leaves-1 small bunch
Curry leaves-3 strands
Red chilli powder-2tsp
Dry red chillies-3
- In a pressure cooker wash tuvar daal thoroughly 3 times, add 3cups of water.
- Add washed, peeled and cut into cubes lauki.
- Add turmeric, chopped tomatoes, half sliced onion, half bunch coriander leaves,1 strand of curry leaves.
- Now, add red chilli powder, 1tsp cumin seeds, green chillies, tamarind, 1Tbsp oil, 1tsp salt mix well close lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles on medium-high flame, and 3 thistles on low flame or as per your cooker type.
- Let the cooker steam come completely down naturally. Open lid and roughly mash daal with back of the spoon. Don’t mash lauki cubes if any. Adjust salt and consistency adding water.
- In a pan add remaining 2Tbsp oil, add cumin seeds, garlic, mustard seeds, half onion sliced, curry leaves, dry red chillies, brown the onion and add this tempering to daal mix well and Enjoy!!!
- Serves 5-6.
- Goes well with plain rice, ghee, and pickle.
Also Try: Crispy Bhindi