Fiery Chicken Angara: A Spicy Delight to Satisfy Your Cravings
Indulge in the bold flavors of Chicken Angara, a sizzling tandoori dish that will ignite your taste buds. Grilled to perfection, this fiery delight combines tender chicken marinated in aromatic spices, creating an unforgettable culinary experience. Discover the magic of Indian cuisine with Chicken Angara. Chicken Angara is an easy chicken recipe and it’s smoky flavor and aroma makes it distinct from most chicken gravies like Chicken Changezi and Butter Chicken. The hack for the smoky flavor is to burn a small piece of charcoal on the stove and place it on a single layer of onion, which you can place on the gravy at the end. A teaspoon of ghee on the hot charcoal releases the tantalizing aroma that will remind you of the tandoor. Lock the aroma by covering the gravy tightly. Chicken Angara is lightly spicy and prepared with boneless chicken (here I used with bone), which reduces the cooking time. Surprisingly, the recipe is a little tricky to find on the internet. Guess being delicious and my favorite aren’t the only reasons Chicken Angara is on kitchenhash. So give it a go!
Boneless chicken(I prefer with bone)- 1/2 kg
Ginger Garlic Paste:1 Tbsp
Curd-3 Tbsp whisked
Red chilli powder:2 tsp
Ingredients for Spice powder
Coriander Seeds-2 tsp
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Black peppercorns-1 tsp
Dry Red chilli-3
Ingredients for Gravy
Onions-2 medium thinly sliced
Tomatoes -2 small or 1 Big
Green chillies -3
Ginger Garlic paste-2tsp
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Coriander powder- 1tsp
Cumin powder- 1 tsp
Garam masala powder-1tsp
Salt- a/c taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash chicken pieces thoroughly 2-3 times and drain the water completely.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the ingredients listed in”Marination” part. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Dry roast and grind all the ingredients listed in the “Spice Powder” part, set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the onions till golden brown and set aside.
- In the same oil add green chillies and ginger garlic paste fry for a minute.
- Add marinated chicken pieces fry till the chicken changes its color.
- Add half cup water, cover and cook till chicken is 80% done.
- Meanwhile, grind fried onions and tomatoes into a fine paste.
- Open the lid and add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and the above grounded spiced powder. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the onion-tomato paste and adjust the salt and consistency as per your taste. Cook till the gravy oozes out oil on sides.
- Finally, add garam masala and simmer for 1 minute.
- Now its time to add the smoky flavor.
Place the hot charcoal in aluminum foil on the top of the gravy and add 1tsp of butter/oil and immediately close the lid. Rest it for 10 minutes till all the smoke is incorporated with the gravy.
- Open the lid and garnish with green chillies and coriander leaves. Serve Hot and Enjoy!!!
- Serves 3-4.
- Goes well butter naan, paratha, or Bagara Rice.
- The spice powder we made can be used in any nonvegetarian gravies as a substitute of garam masala powder.