Kadi Pakoda: A Tempting Indian Yogurt Curry with Fried Dumplings
Explore the delightful world of Kadi Pakoda, a classic Indian comfort food. Immerse yourself in the creamy yogurt curry infused with aromatic spices and accompanied by crispy fried dumplings. Learn how to make this heartwarming dish, perfect for satisfying your Indian cuisine cravings. Try our Kadi Pakoda recipe and experience a burst of flavors on your plate.
Besan (Gram flour)-½cup
Garlic-Finely chopped 1Tbsp
Dry red chillies-3
Curry leaves-2 strands
Onions-2medium size chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste-2tsp
Red chilly powder-1tsp
Coriander leaves-1 small bunch chopped
Oil- for Frying pakoras
Kashmiri red chilly powder-2tsp
- In a mixing bowl add Besan (gram flour) of Curd,
water and mix well without any lumps, set aside.
- To a mixing bowl add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, chat masala, cumin powder and coriander leaves, add besan (gram flour), salt, baking soda. Add water and mix well. Make small dumplings and fry in a hot oil. Fry all pakoras and set aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add asafoetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, crackle them. Add chopped garlic, dry red chillies, curry leaves saute for a while.
- Dissolve turmeric in 2Tbsp of water and add, bring it to a boil.
- Add besan and curd mixture, add 1/2 cup water mix well. Boil for about 25minutes stirring in between.
- Add fried pakoras to the boiling besan mixture, and finally add salt as per taste, mix gently and switch off the flame.
- Prepare tempering, heat 2Tbsp oil, cumin seeds, red chillies, kashmiri red chilly powder.
- Add the tempering to the kadi. Garnish with loads of coriander leaves. Serve hot and Enjoy!!!
- Serves 5-6.
- Goes well with steamed rice.
- Always add salt in the end to avoid curdling.
Also Try More Recipes