Achari Chicken: A Tangy Twist on Classic Chicken Curry
Savor the bold and zesty flavors of Achari Chicken, a delightful twist on traditional chicken curry. This aromatic dish features succulent chicken pieces marinated in a tangy and spicy pickle-inspired sauce, creating a culinary experience that’s both exciting and satisfying. Try our Achari Chicken recipe today and embark on a flavorful journey like no other.
Today I am making this dish in bulk quantity. You can adjust the ingredients as per your requirement.
For Achari Masala:
Red Chilli Sauce-100grams
Green Chilli Sauce- 100grams
Ginger Garlic Paste-400grams
Rock Salt-2Tbsp or a/c taste
White Pepper Powder- 1Tbsp
Red Food Color-1tsp (Optional)
Black Pepper Powder-1Tbsp
Red Chilli Powder-5Tbsp
Green Chillies-6 crushed
Fresh Curry leaves-1bunch
Dry Red Chillies-15
- Wash the chicken and dry out the water completely.
- Make a coarse powder of ingredients mentioned in “Achari Masala”.
- Take a Large vessel, add the chicken pieces.
- Add ginger garlic paste, salt, grinded “Achari Masala”, chat masala, white pepper powder, food color, garam masala, black pepper powder, turmeric.
- Add red chilli powder, crushed green chillies, or as per your taste, curd.
- All sauces(soy, mustard, red chilly, green chilly, Worcestershire), vinegar, mustard oil.
- Mix well with hand, add cooking oil and turn on the flame.
- Add 2-3 glass water, cover and cook till chicken gets tender, stirring in between without burning.
- Open the lid and adjust the consistency and salt.
- Add Coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well, turn off the flame.
- Take a wok heat oil, add mustard and cumin seeds splutter them, add fenugreek, nigella seeds fry for a sec add curry leaves, red chillies turn off the flame and pour over the cooked chicken…your Achari Chicken is ready..serve and Enjoy!!!
- Serves up 25 people.
- Goes well with Rumali Roti, Naan, Pulao.
- Always adjust the salt because the sauces we added have the salt.