Delicious Lauki Kofta Curry Recipe: A Taste of Spiced Indian Comfort
Indulge in the mouthwatering flavors of Lauki Kofta Curry, a traditional Indian dish featuring soft and flavorful bottle gourd dumplings in a rich, aromatic tomato-based gravy. This vegetarian delight is a perfect blend of spices, bringing you the essence of Indian comfort cuisine in every bite. Try this easy-to-make recipe and savor the wholesome goodness of Lauki Kofta curry with family and friends.
Lauki(Bottle gourd)- 300grams grated
Ginger-2″ long chopped
Onion-2 medium size chopped
Tomatoes-2 medium size chopped
Carom seeds(Ajwain)-2 tsp
Cumin seeds-½ tsp
Red chilli powder-2tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Oil for frying koftas
Coriander leaves-few for garnishing
- Grind onion, ginger, garlic set aside.
- Puree the tomatoes , set aisde.
- Squeeze out the water from grated lauki.
- Add gram flour gradually to the squeezed lauki.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt, carom seeds mix well.
- Add gram flour gradually as you need. Don’t add a drop of water.
- Make small round dumplings (Koftas) and fry them set aside.
- Take a wok or pan, heat 4Tbsp oil.
- Add cumin seeds, fry for a minute.
- Lower the flame, add turmeric, red chilli powder fry for a minute.
- Add onion paste fry for 2 minutes, add cumin powder, coriander powder mix well, adjust the flame to medium, close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Open the lid, add tomato puree, mix well, close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid , add 1 glass of water adjust salt, close the lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Open the lid, add garam masala, add fried koftas, mix gently cook for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves, serve hot and Enjoy!!!
- Serves 4-5.
- Goes well with Roti, Naan, Paratha, or plain rice.
- If you don’t want to deep fry the koftas, you can fry them in appe pan with little oil.
Also Try: Malai Kofta
Also visit my page weights & Measurements, to know exact measurements of ingredients.