Malai Kofta Recipe: Creamy and Delightful Indian Dish
Indulge in the richness of Malai Kofta, a delectable Indian dish featuring soft cheese and vegetable dumplings in a luscious creamy gravy. A true delight for your taste buds. Malai Kofta is a North Indian dish. Koftas added into richly flavoured tomato cream base sauce to make a yummy and silk gravy which is served as a great side dish for rotis or pulao.
Boiled Potato -2
Paneer/ Cottage Cheese – 100gms
Green Chillies:2-3 finely
Chopped Coriander leaves-chopped handful
Red chilly powder-1 tsp
Garam masala -1 tsp
All purpose flour / Maida :4-5tsp helps in binding
Oil for frying kofta
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Cinnamon stick -1 (2inch)
Onion-1 medium size
Salt –a/c taste
Handful of chopped cashews or as per choice
Red chilly powder-1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste -11/2 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Turmeric powder -1/4th tsp
Tomato ketchup :1-2Tbsp
Dried fenugreek leaves – 1Tbsp
Cooking Cream – as per choice
Few Chopped Coriander leaves
- Mash the boiled potatoes, grated cottage cheese/paneer remember to strain all the moisture from cottages cheese ,green chillies, coriander leaves, salt, garam masala, red chilli powder, all purpose flour.
- Mix all ingredients and check the dough do not stick to your palm add some more flour if necessary. Make it in to smooth dough.
- Now make into small dumplings with some cashew while making them. Use dry flour while making dumplings to avoid sticking.
- Roll them dry flour and fry in oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- Take a pan add oil, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, green cardamom, black pepper, onion, tomatoes, cashews, salt cover and cook until tomatoes soften.
Cool it completely and grind into fine paste. Set aside.
- Take a wide pan heat oil, add butter, ginger garlic paste fry for 1 minute, add red chilli powder stir immediately to avoid burning.
Now add the grounded paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder.
- Cook until the oil oozes out. Now add tomato ketchup and dried fenugreek leaves, cream cover and cook for 2 minutes again the oil oozes.
- Add coriander leaves cook for a minute.
- Now the gravy is ready, now assemble the koftas with gravy. Place the kofta on a serving plate now slowly pour the prepared gravy over the koftas.
- Garnish with cream and coriander leaves…Enjoy!!!
- Goes well with Butter Naan .
- You can use sweet potatoes instead of potatoes to make it more healthy.
Also Try: Palak Paneer