“Palak Paneer: The Green Powerhouse of Indian Cuisine You Need to Try Today”
“Indulge in the flavors of the ultimate Palak Paneer recipe that will tantalize your taste buds. Discover the secret to transforming this traditional Indian dish into a creamy and healthy delight. Palak Paneer is a popular dish in Indian cuisine that combines two main ingredients: Palak (spinach) and paneer (Indian cottage cheese). Here’s a brief history of this delectable dish. Palak Paneer traces its origins to the northern regions of India, particularly the Punjab and Uttar Pradesh. These areas are known for their rich agricultural produce, including spinach and dairy products like paneer. Palak Paneer has long been cherished as a vegetarian delicacy in Indian cuisine. It is highly regarded for its nutritional value and the delicious combination of flavors.
Palak(Spinach)-5 bunch medium size
Onion-2 medium size
Tomato-2 medium size
Ginger Garlic Paste-1Tbsp
Red chilli Powder-2tsp
Kasuri methi-2tsp crushed
- Wash palak, blanch and grind into fine paste with green chilli and garlic pods.
- Cut the paneer into cubes.
- Grind onions and tomatoes into paste.
- Heat deep wok and oil.
- Add onion paste and fry till brown.
- Add tomatoes paste and sauté till oil separates.
- Add dry spices(Turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder).Fry for a minute.
- Add grinded palak paste and mix well. Add some water, close lid and boil for 2 minutes.
- Now, add paneer cubes, adjust the consistency and cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally add kasuri methi crushed, butter and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh cream and serve hot and Enjoy!!!
- Serves 5-6.
- Goes well lacha paratha, naan.
- Fry the paneer cubes in little oil, before adding to the gravy.
- If you use ginger garlic paste, avoid using garlic pods while grinding palak.
Also Try: Dhaba Egg Style Curry