Talbina: A Nourishing and Comforting Islamic Superfood Delight
Explore the wholesome benefits of Talbina, a traditional Islamic superfood known for its nourishing properties. This comforting porridge, made from barley, offers a unique blend of taste and health. Discover the ancient wisdom and soothing flavors of Talbina for a truly enriching culinary experience
Talbina gained its popularity due to its physical and psychological health benefits for all age groups of people. Therefore, Barley flour or ‘Jau’ Talbina is the most nutritious and ideal food for the elderly, young and children alike. It is worth knowing its history, nutritional profile, usage and Talbina benefits.
Health Benefits of Talbina:
- Helps reduce depression: Feel relaxed and calm:
- A healthy diet Talbina for weight loss:
- Helpful for lowering cholesterol:
- Talbina is Good for Skin:
- Talbina for children is an ideal food for their growth:
- Supports bone health:
- Talbina for constipation:
- Helpful for diabetes as it lowers blood sugar levels:
- Stay active and energetic with Talbina:
Nuts- As required
- Wash and soak Barley for 2hrs.
- Coarsely grind soaked barley with little water.
- Make a fine paste of deseeded dates with ½ cup milk. Set aside.
- Cut into thin slices of dry fruits of your choice.
- Boil milk and add coarsely grind barley. Stir well.
- Allow to cook it for 25 mins or until the barley is cooked well. Stir in between to avoid burning.
- You can always adjust the consistency by adding more milk and water.
- Add the Dates paste to the boiling porridge and mix well. Cook for another 5 mins and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with honey and dates. Serve chilled and Enjoy!!!
- Serves 4-5.
- Always served chilled.
- You can add soaked and grinded nuts mixture to make it more healthy.
- It is great option as breakfast for school going kids.
Also Try More Breakfast Recipes