Brinjal Masala: A Savory Eggplant Delight for Your Dinner Table
Indulge in the enticing flavors of Brinjal Masala, a mouthwatering eggplant dish that combines tender brinjals with aromatic spices. Discover how to create this delicious vegetarian curry with our easy-to-follow recipe. Elevate your dinner menu and savor the rich, spicy goodness of eggplant in a flavorful masala sauce.
Brinjal Masala: Brinjal Masala, also known as Eggplant Masala or Baingan Masala, is a popular vegetarian Indian dish that features tender eggplant (brinjal) cooked in a rich, spiced tomato-based gravy. This flavorful curry is a favorite among those who appreciate the unique taste and texture of eggplant.
There are many regional variations of Brinjal Masala, with some recipes incorporating coconut milk, tamarind, or yogurt for added richness and tanginess.
Brinjal Masala is a delightful and satisfying dish that showcases the versatility of eggplant in Indian cuisine. Its blend of spices and tomato-based gravy makes it a flavorful and hearty option for vegetarians and veggie lovers alike. Whether you’re new to Indian cuisine or a seasoned enthusiast, Brinjal Masala is a must-try dish that will tantalize your taste buds.
Brinjal any type: 300 grams
Onions-2 medium size
Tomatoes-2 medium size
Green Chillies-2 slit
Tamarind-small lemon sized
Red chilly powder-2tsp
Coriander leaves-few for garnishing
- Wash brinjals and make two cuts vertically.
- Fry them in 3Tbsp oil till they changes color and becomes little soft.
- Mean while make a fine paste of onion, tomatoes and 7pods garlic, set aside.
- Soak tamarind and extract the pulp.
- In the same oil which we fried brinjals add another 2Tbsp oil, add 1chopped onion 2slit green chillies.
- After frying onions, add onion tomato paste, fry till oil separates.
- Add salt, turmeric and red chilly powder, mix well.
- Add fried brinjals add tamarind pulp and adjust the salt and consistency, mix well and close lid cook for 5minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Serves 4-5.
- It pairs wonderfully with Indian bread like roti, naan, or rice.
Also Try Paneer Recipes