Delicious Drumsticks Daal Recipe | Flavorful Lentil Curry
Learn how to make a mouthwatering Drumsticks Daal with our easy-to-follow recipe. This flavorful lentil curry is a perfect blend of spices and drumstick pods, creating a wholesome and satisfying meal for your family.
Pigeon peas (Tuvar daal) -1cup
Coriander leaves-1small bunch
Red chilly powder-3tsp
- Wash and soak pigeon peas(Tuvar daal) for 30 minutes.
- Soak tamarind and extract pulp. Set aside.
- Make 1′ inch pieces of drumsticks, soak in salt water.
- Take a pressure cook add soaked daal, 2cups water.
- Add turmeric, garlic, 1tsp salt, sliced ½ onion, curry leaves, ½bunch coriander leaves, chopped tomatoes, give it a mix.
- Close the lid and cook for up to 4-5 whistles or until daal is 90% done.
- Let the pressure of cooker comes down. Open lid add drumsticks pieces, red chilly powder, check the water, add if necessary. Close the lid and again cook for 2 whistles more.
- Let the pressure of cooker comes down. Open lid takeout drumsticks pieces gently.
- Add tamarind pulp and salt, adjust the consistency, add another ½ bunch coriander leaves, drumsticks, mix gently and give it a nice boil.
- Take another wok, heat oil and add mustard and cumin seeds, crackle them.
- Add garlic,½sliced onion, brown them, now add curry leaves.
- Add ladle full boiled daal close the lid immediately to incorporate the tempering.
- Open lid and add remaining daal, give one boil. switch off the flame. Serve hot and Enjoy!!!
- Serves 4-5.
- Goes well with hot steamed rice, ghee and pickle.
Also Try More Daal Recipes